Skip to main content

Virgin Mobile losing their virginity

Mr Richard Branson
https://www.facebook.com/VirginMobileSA?fref=ts
Virgin Group of Companies.
Somewhere in the Milky Way Galaxy.

Dear Mr Branson

There is a block of flats up the road.

We receive the mail for a Virgin Mobile client who lives in this block of flats.

I won't use real names, but the address says:

VirginBlockOfFlats 14 Virgin Street.

We live in Virgin (not real name) Street.

We get the mail for VirginBlockOfFlats (not real name) 14 because the post man (post person?) sees 14 Virgin Street instead of 14 VirginBlockOfFlats, even though the post man can plainly see that we don't have a block of flats at 14 Virgin Street, and even though we have asked him to deliver the owner at 14 VirginBlockOfFlats mail to her, but maybe we have a new post man.

We have asked the person living at 14 VirginBlockOfFlats to get this fixed. We have had this problem repeatedly with various accounts during the 19 years we have been "almost neighbours", but with Virgin for the past few years since she opened her Virgin account.

We have "Returned to Sender" with the correct address written on the envelope several times, and today I phoned 123, the Virgin's free call centre number (I am also a Virgin Mobile user) and two people in the call centre told me there is NOTHING they can do.

I find this especially bad, because the Main "Business Virgin" (Richard Branson) calls his staff CHAMPS and says "YOUR WISH IS OUR COMMAND."

Of-course this might be applicable somewhere in the Galaxy, but it isn't applicable in South Africa.

I don't want to change someone else's address. I just want Virgin Galactic or Mobile, which ever, to change

VirginBlockOfFlats 14

to

14 VirginBlockOfFlats.

I really like Virgin Mobile for a whole lot of reasons. One reason is that if they can't find Cell C (their normal host carrier), then they automatically connect to Vodacom or MTN. This means that I have coverage in South Africa where everyone has coverage.

And usually their staff are courteous and efficient. But the first CHAMP I spoke to today put the phone down on me after I asked to speak to her supervisor.

The Second CHAMP I spoke to said all the supervisors are in a meeting. She said that if I don't take the mail to the correct address that I would be liable for the invoice! She could have said, "Give me the account number and I'll phone the owner and clear this up", but I guess this isn't in her script. Nor has she learnt the Virgin way to WOW customers.

I look forward to this issue being resolved.

This is not an address "change". It is simply the moving of a number from the end of a line to the beginning of a line.

Yours faithfully,
David.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Repair Your World: Solving the electricity crisis at no tax cost to the treasury

My latest letter to the Cape Times editor. Melanie Gosling's articles this week and NERSA today (24th February 2010) approving 25% increases (95% over 3 years) refer. My company has a number of clients who wish to provide their own energy. We don't believe that we can rely on Eskom energy. It isn't sustainable. It isn't clean. Not only is coal polluting the air, mining it is polluting our water resources and destroying our roads. If we weren't in a recession Eskom energy wouldn't be enough for our requirements, so there is no true security of supply, especially as Eskom has not got the increase they wanted. Lastly, in the medium to long term, Eskom's energy is not affordable for our clients and there are already affordable alternatives. However, most of the clients we consult to are too small to fit into the 1 Megawatt bracket which gets the feed in tariff (REFIT). And the REFIT itself is a farce because the government has implemented a tender system w...

South Africans can bring peace to the world

  Hi all. I have renamed this video and updated its description and settings to "South Africans can bring peace to the world." Most commentators on YouTube and here on Facebook are saying that there is no hope for South Africa. They are saying that the ANC represents everyone in South Africa. They are saying that South Africa's political landscape is changing to one where blacks vote for black parties, or various faiths vote for the own parties, or people from Natal vote for parties that represent them and people from the Cape vote for parties that represent them. This problem is short term! I came back to South Africa in 1995 as I believe(d) in the new South Africa. I left the old South Africa in 1987 because I didn't want to fight my coloured and black friends from the townships where I had been teaching for years, whilst at University. I live in South Africa as do so many people because we believe in the country and its people. We love its beauty. We love that Amaz...