Skip to main content

World Cup, Grid Tie, Net Metering, Ecovillages, Acid Mind Drainage

Dear all

World Cup fever is here. I'm supporting Bafana Bafana and hope you are too. Kick off in an hour. Even if Bafana Bafana don't win, South Africa wins. The opening ceremony was great.

Take a look at The Spectacular World Cup circle.

Click anywhere in the circle and on the outside of the circle. An amazing bit of programming and a great reference.

I thought you all might like to know that things are starting to change in South Africa with more and more people connecting grid tie systems. I met the Minister of the Environment in the Western Cape Province on Tuesday about grid tie and net metering and he wants me to come back and do a presentation to his department.

I'm also currently doing quotes and working on proposals for systems of 2KW, 3KW, 5KW, 100KW and 1MW, so things are hotting up.

If you're thinking about lowering your cost of electricity over the next 20 years and of getting security of supply, please contact me. I'm also in touch with a Solar Water Heater installer in case you need one. If you don't know where to start, then buy an Efergy e2 Energy Meter from me. It shows me you are committed and gives you an hour of my time. R995 for a single phase system and R1295 for a three phase system. Prices include VAT.

There is also some good news about Eco Villages and about Acid Mine Drainage.

I pray you are all well.

Love
David

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Designing your own electricity system - part 7 (fridges)

Here are some specifications regarding energy saving fridges. Tafelberg sell some of the Ardo range of fridges. The Ardo rating is: 130KWH rating per year. Even if it really uses 165KWH per year, that will be amazing as an A++ energy star fridge is rated at 380KWH per year and a normal fridge much higher than that. My normal fridge (which I still need to replace) uses approximately 660 kwh per year which at 70 cents per kwh (my rate) is about R40 per month. Note that this is only based on one day's usage. After a few months, I will have a more accurate number. The Ardo fridge uses about 40Watts when it is on and is so quiet that a friend on mind has it in his passage outside two of the bedrooms. At 165kwh per year , the Ardo fridge costs R10 per month. A normal fridge is about R2000 and an Ardo fridge is about R8000. The difference is R6000, so R6000 / R30 (saving) = 200 months = 17 years. Not a very good payback period, but remember what I said in an earlier part of this blog s

Spying (seeing) our future - Parasha Sh'lach - Sh'lach - DAWS Episode 37